Friday, November 4, 2016

Flying High

Dear Internauts,

Been a while, has it?

Thought I'd drop a quick word while waiting for my flight. I'm headed down to Nashville for the weekend to record with my friend, Joe Casey. I met him back in 2011 at the Contemporary Music Center, where we played several shows together, and later on he engineered and recorded the studio version of Philadelphia. I'm wicked excited to get back down to Nashville, even if it's only for a couple days. It'll be good to see some folks as well as get creative in the studio again. Been too long. We'll be working hard to make this new project the best yet.

As you may recall, I had a kickstarter going this past summer. We were raising some funds for me to go record at a big(ish) studio in Ohio. That didn't end up working out, but thanks to a few amazing people who decided to help me with funds for a future project, I'm now able to work with a good friend and a true talent in Casey. As much as I would've tried to make that project great, the extra time and changed circumstances have allowed me to improve on the material as well as continue to grow as a musician. Further, my experience with Philadelphia was so positive, I have high hopes for this. Joe Casey created a really welcoming, artist-supportive environment and was able to bring out the best from me and the other performers on that song. It's always best to work with folks who understand what it's like to be on either side of the mic.

I'll keep you updated later, but gotta go board the flight. Thanks for your time and support.

-Odist


No comments:

Post a Comment