Sunday, June 25, 2017

25/52 - (That's a Palindrome)

Dear Internauts,

After last week, I thought maybe we'd go a little more chill and upbeat this time.

I'm playing a show!

Or rather, I will be playing a show if I'm able to sell at least fifteen tickets to the event. SO I need your help. Now, this isn't just some sales pitch for something empty which only helps me. You get to come hear me play a live set as well as four other local artists. Even if there weren't any other acts, it would still be worth it, because you're gonna get to see me playing my heart out with songs from deep down in my gut (even deeper down, way deeper down, than this blog goes). This is the real real. And it's live music. After all, this is what I do, right?

I can write and practice all these songs by myself or record with a few friends, but the proof is in the pudding and the live stage is a giant pudding cup.

The show is a 21+ event at the Thunder Road Music Club in Somerville, MA on July 20th. Doors at 6pm. Show at 7pm.

Tickets are fifteen at the door or you can get them now for only 12.99 (that includes processing fee. Just make sure to select Odist Abettor for the artist so they know what's up.

If you're not available on that night or not in the area, thanks for reading down this far. Hopefully, the more I can do shows like this, the more opportunities I'll be able to travel out farther for concert gigs. Please, if you know anyone in the Mass area who might even in the slightest like to go, let them know about it. I supremely appreciate it.

If you've never heard any of my music, well 1) thanks for reading my weird blog posts anyway, and 2) you can listen to my recorded music here and watch some videos with my music here and even follow my band page here

-------------------
With that out of the way, tell me, how ya doin?

Me, I'm exhausted. Been pretty much just exhausted for a while now. I'm sure some of this is due to lack of sleep from stress, but there's also some good stuff like being about two thirds of the way through the first draft of issue one of my comics story. If anyone out there would like to help me out as a beta reader for critique and insights, feel free to message me or email me or comment or whatever.

Tomorrow I'm meeting with some folks with whom I might be living soon. This will be my third such meeting, wherein the scrutiny of others determines my residency status. It's like the most cautious and dangerous job interview that mostly takes place safely on couches. I just have to be sincere yet charming. Interesting yet balanced. Responsible but not snobby. Frank but not insensitive.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Either way, less than five days till I'm outta here.

About to fall asleep on this keyboard, so...

Thanks for reading,
Odist

No comments:

Post a Comment