Monday, July 17, 2017

28/52 - Not D23-Worthy But an Update Nonetheless

Dear Internauts,

Just a short update for ya beautiful people in between practicing for the upcoming show and working on the art for finishing up chapter one of the comic.

Originally, chapter one was gonna be eight pages long, but it's turning into nine or ten pages. The ending of the chapter wasn't gripping enough. I'll also be completely rewriting the dialogue/narration and thus re-lettering the pages. The font was also too large in the first draft, meaning the bubbles and boxes took up too much space. It's all learning this whole new art form that takes up what I think will be at least twice as much time as each other successive chapter will take once I've got the hang of it. (If you would be interested in reading and critiquing an early draft, let me know as it would be a big help.)  What I can tell you so far is that Chapter One follows Polly Ono, a red-suited cyborg mechanic smuggling a bag of precious materials along an old sea wall high above the future city of Domus. Things quickly go sideways and running this favor for a friend soon turns into a life-threatening adventure. YAY!

Currently waiting on a response from the concert booker about the exact set time I'll be allowed, but I've got plenty of songs to fill up whatever space I'm given. Might even bring in a brand new one.

If you live anywhere near Somerville, MA, I'll be playing at the MA Solo Artist Awards on Thursday, July 20th at Thunder Road. For more info and to get tickets, please check this out. I'd really love to see you there. If you do come, please feel free to say hi.

Honestly, been feeling really exhausted lately. Not sleeping much, so I spend time working on art and writing while trying to figure out next steps for life. Really, I'm just taking it one moment at a time. Both life and this blog should pick up in some unknown ways after the show.

By the way, for a simple meal/treat, toast some bread, put some cheese and black beans on it with relish/pickles and sriracha. It's great, easy, fast, and pairs well with potato chips.

Thanks for reading,
Odist

1 comment:

  1. Bought tickets on 7/8/17. Haven't received them yet. Should I be concerned?--JP

    ReplyDelete