Monday, September 4, 2017

35/52 - Movies, Music, Moving, and a Dog Named Dunkin

"Can anything be more ridiculous than that a man should have the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of the water, and because his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have none with him?" - Blaise Pascal

Dear Internauts,

I've been trying for the past twenty-four hours or so to synthesize some kinda something worthy of blog-time.

Honestly, I don't really know what I'm doing lately. See, this past week and a half or so, I've been house and pet-sitting for my folks while they help my grandparents with the enormous task of moving. As you may know, New Jersey charges all those who try to leave. Plus, the task of emptying out a house full of decades is neither quick nor simple. Thankfully, my parents took a bit of time this past week for a break up in a Maine cabin belonging, I think, to my mom's cousin. They don't really take vacations like ever, so I was glad they were able to get away even if only for a short time and even if bookended by lots of extra work.

I haven't really left the house much, as I don't want to leave the dog alone more than a few hours. I've seen a few different films, but as both the internet and a few box office cashiers have told me, this has been an outlier of a dry summer's end for the movie business.

Thus here are all the movies I have seen in theatres from May, June, July, and August:

  •  Guardians of the Galaxy 2* 
  • Alien: Covenant*
  • Wonder Woman**
  • It Comes At Night*
  • The Hero
  • The Book of Henry**
  • The Beguiled*
  • The Big Sick**
  • Baby Driver
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming**
  • War for the Planet of the Apes**
  • Dunkirk*
  • Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
  • Atomic Blonde*
  • An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power
  • The Dark Tower
  • Detroit*
  • Wind River*
  • Logan Lucky
  • Patti Cake$*
  • Birth of the Dragon*
*Movies I would probably recommend, just def not for everyone
** Movies I would definitely recommend for almost everyone

Movies I think I'd like to check out for the rest of 2017 could include: 
  • It
  • Mother!
  • Kingsman: The Golden Circle
  • Blade Runner 2049
  • The Foreigner
  • Happy Death Day
  • Marshall
  • Professor Marston & The Wonder Women
  • Goodbye Christopher Robin
  • The Snowman
  • Suburbicon
  • Thor: Ragnarok
  • Lady Bird
  • Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
  • Justice League
  • Wonder
  • Coco
  • Molly's Game
  • The Disaster Artist
  • The Shape of Water
  • Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
----------
I've got the first few drafts of a script for chapter 2 of the graphic novel down, so I'm gonna work on doing thumbnails and tightening up the dialogue this week with a look to getting the art started ASAP. 

If you haven't had a chance to check it out, yet, please take a listen to my new track PAINKILLER.

Have a great week, folks! 

Thanks for reading, 
Odist 




No comments:

Post a Comment