Sunday, September 9, 2012

Nashville

A little over a month ago, I packed up all my earthly possessions in my car and headed south for about 800 miles. Now here I am in Nashville, with no job and no real place to call my own, all in the pursuit of some crazy dream.

I felt so greatly the need to go begin my own life—to seek, as John Green wrote, "the Great Perhaps."

Music is, in many ways, my deepest and truest artistic passion, but more so as a sailor is to the sea than a sailor is to their ship. Writing is my vessel, whether that be songs, poems, or even a story here or there. I don't profess great talent, but rather I admit that there's not much else I can do very proficiently at all (possibly one of the reasons I am still unemployed).

This blog is where I will chronicle my journey as well as post any updates or pertinent links to Odist Abettor-related material on the internets.

Currently, I am doing some recording with Jacob Utting Audio Engineering, writing songs, bits of poetry here and there, and potentially a novel (but we'll see what happens), as well as playing at various open mics in the area.

For booking or other information, feel free to email odistabettor@gmail.com 

To download my EP for free, visit noisetrade.com/odistabettor 

No comments:

Post a Comment